
Don't ask for a senior citizen discount in Florida...it can be very embarrassing. The retail clerks all just laugh. I should have known better when all the clerks were calling me "sonny" and I am 66 years old. One clerk told me, "Sonny, we don't even begin to consider someone a senior until they are past 90."
By the way, most people down here think the state bird is the "Early Bird Special."
Anyway, we went to the Zoo yesterday and the day before we took the trolley excursion bus. I recommend both, especially the Zoo for its botanical wonders.
The Little Brownwren is up to her usual escapades. All her life she looks at two things whether at home, abroad, or travelling: the employment prospects and the real estate market. This afternoon we are touring some places with an agent; yesterday she talked to the Nursing Director at a local college. I think the only way to stop her involves a wooden stake, chanting, etc...

1 comment:
I hadn't heard the one about the "early bird" special. That's pretty funny!
Post a Comment