Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Never Don't Know

A new phrase has entered the family lexicon.


Background: Little 3 year, 11 month-old Sophie had a bad, bad day yesterday. It culminated with her being swept off her feet by her Mother after she had ended a tantrum by sticking her tongue out at that same Mother. While being transported to her bedroom, she saw her not-too-happy father over her Mother's shoulder. Apparently she figured: "In for a penny, in for a pound" as she then stuck that famous tongue out at her father.

The Next Morning: The sun is shining through the window shades, Sophie yawns, stretches and looks up at her now-rested Mommy. The now-rested Mommy asks Sophie: "Well...are you going to be a good girl today?"



Sophie: silently ponders the question, then states: "I never don't know"

I get to pick up Sophie and Leo this coming Monday morning when I meet their father in Oshkosh for the transfer. They are going to spend next week with us; we already have Cassie with us (Abe is in Hawiaii with the boyscouts for two weeks). This gives me a few days to plot my strategy against the Jacobin Sophie and the quick-tongue.
Grampa John ret

No comments: